About This Course
We live in a world full of challenges and we need life skills to cope with the challenges. It is for this reason that life skills education is an important aspect of the primary school curriculum. The purpose of this course is to introduce to teachers the concepts of life skills and life skills education and also to highlight to them the various categories of life skills, the importance of life skills and indicators of life skills development. With this background the teachers will be able to study the specific life skills competently.
Life skills tend to build better personality traits; below are a few objectives of life skills.
- To enhance one’s ability to be fully self-aware by helping oneself to overcome all fears and insecurities and to grow fully from inside out and outside in.
- To provide opportunity for realizing one’s potential through practical experience.
- To develop interpersonal skills and adopt good leadership behavior for empowerment of self and others.
- Thoughts, feelings, notions, and ideas should be clearly expressed.
- Disagreements should be settled without hindering anyone’s feelings.
- Activities should be concerning to flourish physical health and contribute inwell being.
- Life challenges should be managed/deal positively.
At the end of the programme learners will be able to:
- Understand the concept of life skills and life skills education
- Appreciate the importance of life skills and life skills education
- Appreciate the value of supporting learners in the development of life skills
- Gain an edge through Professional Competency
- Discover his/her potential, abilities, likes and dislikes that can enable him/her face the challenges of life
- Competently develop life skills for knowing and living with oneself among his/her pupils.
- Understanding English language as that would be the medium through which course would be explained.
- Minimum time required is 6hrs per week. Those who cannot attend particular session would be provided with the recording of that particular session.
- It would be conducted online due to covid 19 pandemic so proper wifi and a device through which one can participate properly (preferably laptop or computer).
It consists of 10 modules:
- Critical thinking
- Creative thinking
- Decision making
- Problem Solving
- Effective communication
- Interpersonal relationship
- Coping with stress
- Coping with emotion
- 3 sessions per week (each consisting of 2hrs each).
- Total 3 months course consisting of around 63 hrs.
- 6 hrs per module consisting theoretical content, practical activities and assignment, and video and research links
- Total 26 video links (2 or 3 videos for each module)