About This Course
This course aims to equips individual from all age groups and in all walks of life with the skills needed for personal growth as well as for a positive contribution to the society. The outcomes of this course would lead to capacity building in life skills for development of self, as well as for training others in life skills. The course is the need of the times as today’s children, adolescence, youth, workforce and aged all are facing issues of managing intrapersonal, interpersonal conflicts and equipping them with life skills education can help in physical, social and emotional well-being.
Life skills tend to build better personality traits; below are a few objectives of life skills.
- To enhance one’s ability to be fully self-aware by helping oneself to overcome all fears and insecurities and to grow fully from inside out and outside in.
- To provide opportunity for realizing one’s potential through practical experience.
- To develop interpersonal skills and adopt good leadership behavior for empowerment of self and others.
- Thoughts, feelings, notions, and ideas should be clearly expressed.
- Disagreements should be settled without hindering anyone’s feelings.
- Activities should be concerning to flourish physical health and contribute inwell being.
- Life challenges should be managed/deal positively.
At the end of the programme learners will be able to:
- Gain Self Competency and Confidence
- Practice Emotional Competency
- Gain Intellectual Competency
- Gain an edge through Professional Competency
- Aim for high sense of Social Competency
- Be an integral Human Being
- Understanding English language as that would be the medium through which the course would be explained.
- Students from 8th std and above, working professionals from any field, teachers of various fields.
- Minimum time required is 6hrs per week. Those who cannot attend a particular session would be provided with the recording of that particular session.
- It would be conducted online due to covid 19 pandemic so proper wifi and a device through which one can participate properly (preferably laptop or computer).
For Working professionals and parents
It consists of 10 modules:
- Critical thinking
- Creative thinking
- Decision making
- Problem Solving
- Effective communication
- Interpersonal relationship
- Coping with stress
- Coping with emotion
- 3 sessions per week (each consisting of 2hrs each).
- Total 3 months course consisting of around 63 hrs.
- 6 hrs per module consisting theoretical content, practical activities and assignment, and video and research links
- Total 26 video links (2 or 3 videos for each module)